How to Fix the Windows 7 Not Genuine Error and Make Windows 7 Genuine for Free: Windows 8 has been available for quite some time, and now we are having the reviews from the people who have tried this latest version of Windows. If those reviews are anything to go with, then it seems that people love Windows 7 more than they do Windows 8. I am also among such people. Talking about Windows 7, there are many features to consider it over any other version of Windows. If you are using this Windows, then I am quite sure that you must be having very good computing experience, right? Oops! You love all features of Windows 7, but don’t like the ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine Error‘? I hope you know why this error pops up. Yeah, because you are using cracked or pirated version of Windows 7. But you might be wondering how you could solve out this problem and start using Windows 7 flawlessly.
If just like many other people, you are not in the mood of purchasing genuine version, and are looking for the way to fix the aforementioned error on your pirated version itself, then you are on the right page. Fixing the ‘This copy of Windows is not genuine‘ error in Windows 7 is very simple. The fix is done with a simple command in command prompt. If you are curious to know about how to fix ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine’ error, then read out this article ahead.
How to Fix ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine Error’
- As mentioned already, the fix is performed via command prompt. So of course, the very first thing that you need to do is to open the command prompt on your Windows 7 PC. Make sure that you use the ‘run as administrator’ option to open command prompt. This can be done by right-clicking the CMD icon and then choosing the option’ Run as Administrator’.
- So now the command prompt window is open. All you need to do is to key in the following command.
- After typing the above command in command prompt, press the ‘Enter’.
- Wait for few seconds.
- After two or three seconds, a new window will pop up. This new window, which has the title ‘‘Windows Script Host’’ pops to inform you that command has been completed successfully, and now you should restart your system so that changes can take effect. Below is the screenshot of window which I am talking about.
- Once the above window has popped up, your next step is to do what that window suggested you to do. Yeah, restart your Windows 7 PC or laptop.
- After the Windows 7 is restarted, you would not see that annoying ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine’ error. A happy ending to annoying error with a simple step.
That’s it. This is the way you can remove the ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine Error‘. Very simple procedure, and does not cost anything. Though there is not any chance of your meting any problem, but still, if any problem is there, do let us know about that via your comment in the below comment box.
Check out this post as well: How to Fix Windows 7 Black Screen Error in BootCamp