If you are a true Android fan, then you might have had your hands on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version.This new version of Android does come with plenty of good features like simple and intuitive user interface, Offline Voice Typing, Google Now, Notifications panel etc.
You might be having Android 4.1 Jelly Bean smartphone or tablet with you, and if this is so, then let me tell you that you come in the list of few lucky ones who can afford high-end devices. Alas! I can’t afford! But as you know, the craze knows no limitations, and same is the case with my craze for Android Jelly Bean.
Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS on Windows PC
I am also enjoying it, not on smartphone or tablet, but on my Windows based PC. Thanks to AndroVM and VirtualBox, which jointly makes it possible for me to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on my Windows PC.
AndroVM is Daniel Fages’ project which lets Android Virtualization by building it for VirtualBox. Using AndroVM to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Windows PC with VirtualBox is damn simple task. Just follow this step by guide to let it happen.
Process to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Windows PC with VirtualBox
- First of all, you need to download the androVM-4.1.1_r4-20121002 OVA file. Just point your browser to the official website to download it. Note: There you will see different versions. If the last letter in the name of any version is ‘t’ , then it means that this particular version is built for tablet, screen resolution being 1024×768 pixels. The ‘p’ is for phone version while the ‘tp’ is for ‘tablet with phone’.
- After download androVM, you need to download the VirtualBox. Download it from here, and install it on your Windows PC. Once the installation gets finished, launch the Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- Click File, and then click on Import Appliance….
- Click on Choose… and there locate the androVM OVA file. Yeah, the same that you downloaded in the very first step.
- Click on Next and then on Import.
- In the next window, Just select the androVM and then click on Start button.
- That’s it. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will get loaded on the screen in no time.
Simple. Isn’t it? Hit the comment box given below for any doubts.