Download WhatsApp for PC: Do you like to stay in touch with your friends and relatives anywhere you go? So what do you use as the way of communication? Oh! Come on! Don’t answer it as ‘SMS’. Gone are the days when SMS was used as the way of communication by many. Nowadays, people like to use instant messaging apps. A recent study shows that trend of SMS is decreasing day by day. A big wreath for this amazing change goes to WhatsApp.
Those who don’t know, WhatsApp is proprietary, cross-platform instant messaging for smartphones. This application has progressed a lot in the past some time. The app has been following the up curve in the popularity graph for quite some time now. As of August 2012, WhatsApp was handling one billion messages everyday. On the new year day, this app handled more than 2 billion messages. This data is more than enough to speak about the user base of this app.
WhatsApp is available for all major mobile operating systems including Android & iOS, but sadly, not for desktop. This is indeed a sad point for those who don’t like to type on their smartphone, and for those who don’t own any smartphone. Are you one of them? Would you like to use WhatsApp on your Windows 7/8/XP/Vista based PC or laptop? This article will teach you how to make it happen. Although, this software is not available for Windows officially, but you can use it on your computer by using an Android Emulator.
Download WhatsApp for Windows 7/8/XP/Vista
Well, there is not any special version of WhatsApp for Windows, but you can still have it on your PC. How? By using Android Emulators and APK version of WhatsApp. The installation guide will be provided in the next section, first download Whatsapp for Windows 7/8/XP/Vista from the link given below.
How to Install WhatsApp on Windows 7/8/XP/Vista
- There are many emulators to run Android apps on PC, but we’ll be using BlueStacks here. Why? Because it is free and simple to use. Follow this link to download BlueStacks App Player.
- Once the BlueStacks software is downloaded, just install it on your system. The installation is quite simple, just like any normal software. So go ahead and install it on your computer.
- If you have already downloaded the WhatsApp apk, then just right click on it and use the ‘Open With’ option to open it with BlueStacks. If you have not downloaded it, then download it within the BlueStacks.
- To download WhatsApp within BlueStacks, type the ‘WhatsApp Messenger’ in the ‘search’ field. Click on the first suggested result. Now the BlueStacks will download and install WhatsApp for you.
- Once WhatsApp is installed, you are all ready to use it. Just provide the mobile number that has not been used for any other WhatsApp account before.
- You will be sent code on the provided mobile number. Enter in the appropriate field to verify your ownership of number. If the message does not come up, then you can verify the ownership via call option.
- So, once you are done with all above points, just sync your contacts and start sending them messages.
That’s all. You have successfully downloaded and installed WhatsApp on your Windows 7/8/XP/Vista. Enjoy it! Do let us know if you are having any problem while setting up WhatsApp on your Windows PC, we will surely help you out if we can. If you are bored of using WhatsApp, then you can also download Viber for Windows PC & Mac OS X.