Update Galaxy Mini to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS – Galaxy Mini S5570 is the android smartphone from Samsung that was running with Android v2.3 gingerbread over 600MHz processor at the center.
Although Samsung doesn’t provided any official update for this smartphone to let users update the android version further but there are lots of Custom ROMs available. The benefit of using Custom ROM is that they changes the entire look up of your android device and also provides many extra features that are not available with the official firmware.
Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is the latest android version out now for android devices so I got here a simple tutorial using which you will be able to upgrade the android version of your Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean using CM10.1 firmware.
This firmware is developed again specially for the Galaxy Mini S5570 and doesn’t have few CM10.1 features but still it is good to have. Once you install this then following features will be added to your device,
- New Android Jelly Bean keyboard with Gesture typing
- Multi user support
- New camera app
- Photo sphere
- Google Now
- Day dream feature
- Lock screen widget
- New quick settings
You will also notice improve in battery life and performance of your device.
Please note that this is not an official update and none of our team members are responsible if anything goes wrong. You are doing it at your own risk. Though only few ones out of thousand users face such problems so just give it a try. If you don’t like it or it doesn’t work then you can remove the installation anytime.
Before starting with the installation process, do check following requirements.
- Create a backup of all your personal stuff stored on your device using Samsung Kies or any other backup app.
- Make sure that USB drivers of the Galaxy Mini S5570 are installed on your computer or laptop.
- Enable the USB debugging option from developers menu in the settings.
- Recharge the battery of your device to at least 80% of the total.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery is installed.
Download the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM for your Galaxy Mini via this LINK.
Steps to Install CM10.1 ROM Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570
- Download the firmware package from the link mentioned above.
- Connect your device to PC or laptop via USB cable and transfer the downloaded package into the root folder of the SD card.
- Remove the USB connection and restart your device by pressing menu and power buttons together to get into the CMW recovery mode.
- If you don’t like this firmware after installation due to any reason and want to get back your old firmware back then create a Nandroid backup of your current firmware using which you can restore later. You can create backup and restore to this backup from booting into recovery and selecting backup and restore options.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and then select Yes to confirm data wipe.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard and using the volume buttons, navigate to the firmware and select it by pressing Home button.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen by selecting Yes and wait till the installation gets finished.
- Once the installation is over get back to the main recovery menu and restart device by selecting reboot system now.
That’s it! Now the installation is done and your device will take longer time than usual for the first time start.